Online Event on Teaching in (Higher) Education in the COVID-19 era
What? Online Event on "Teaching in (Higher) Education in the COVID-19 era" in collaboration with the FH Kufstein Tirol University of Applied Sciences
When? Wednesday November 25, 2020 - 13:00 - 15:00 CET
Where? Online - via Microsoft Teams
Transforming our face-to-face conference to a smaller online community event has a big impact on our community and association. If you want to support us as a community, please feel free to join the online event. If you want to support our association, please consider becoming an EAPRIL member! More info on the EAPRIL membership can be found here.
Agenda & recordings
Theme of the event: Teaching in (Higher) Education in the COVID-19 era
The event consisted of two parts:
PART I (13:00 - 14:30) - PLENARY
We are happy to share the recordings of the two Keynote speeches. To check them out, please click on the title of each speech.
- 13:00 - 13:15: Welcome
- 13:15 - 13:45: Speech by Dr. Christian F. Freisleben-Teutscher on "The power of improvisation"
- 13:45 - 14:15: Speech by Prof. (FH) Dr. Michael Kohlegger on "Did video kill the lecture hall star? An analysis of the role of technology in university education during the COVID-19 pandemic"
- 14:15 - 14:30: Closing + break
PART II (14:30 - 15:00)
You can also watch all 6 parallel sessions of the event. To check out the recordings, you can click on the title of each presentation:
- 6 parallel presentations
- Presentation 1: "Education during COVID-19: Teacher educators’ personal logs" (CLOUD 1 and 2)
- Presentation 2: "Action Team on COVID-19 related education research (ACO)" (CLOUD 7)
- Presentation 3: "Equality, diversity and inclusion perspectives of accessible learning and teaching in higher education in the COVID-19 era" (CLOUD 8)
- Presentation 4: "Assessment changes in Higher Education due to COVID-19" (CLOUD 10)
- Presentation 5: "Sensemaking: connecting to the emerging future, opening the way for creativity and innovation" (CLOUD 4)
- Presentation 6: "Insights and yield from ViSuAL (The Video Supported Collaborative Learning project): ‘Inspiration for teaching in Covid-19 era’"
In collaboration with
The FH Kufstein Tirol currently has approx. 2,200 students from more than 50 nations who create an international, multicultural atmosphere. The fact that they have more than 210 partner universities worldwide means that 200 international incoming students are hosted by the FH Kufstein Tirol annually and that an even larger number of their students go abroad to study for a semester or year. What’s more, with approximately 150 faculty members and employees as well as over 500 contracted lecturers, the FH Kufstein plays a significant role in the regional economy. The range of bachelor and master degree programs – offered in both full- and part-time formats – have been conceived to meet the professional demands of the respective industries. The FH Kufstein Tirol has also developed a postgraduate program in cooperation with several internationally renowned partner universities.
For more info click here.