Enterprise Estonia Funding
Description of the funded project
The Annual Conference of the European Association for Practitioner Research on Improving Learning: The EAPRIL2019 Conference “Meaningful Learning in Different Settings” takes place in Tartu, 26-29.11.2019 and is a place where educational researchers and practitioners meet. EAPRIL promotes practice-based education research and combines two unique networks that focus on learning in specific contexts: schools and corporate learning.
Objective(s) of the project
- to share experiences on the meaning of learning in a variety of settings: at school, at work, and in everyday life;
- to provide diverse opportunities for Estonian researchers and organizations to cooperate with the European community of educational practitioners;
- to introduce the work of Estonian researchers and educational projects of organizations;
- to introduce Tartu as a high-level research city;
- to introduce Estonia and Tartu as an attractive and professional conference destination.
Results of the project
- A four-day conference has been held;
- Popularity of Tartu as a destination for research tourism and cooperation is growing;
- Estonian researchers and organizations have found additional opportunities to cooperate with European researchers and practitioners of education;
- European researchers and practitioners of education have increased awareness of the research of the University of Tartu and other Estonian researchers and the innovative educational projects of Estonian organisations;
- The popularity of Estonia as an exciting and cultural tourism destination, including a conference destination has grown.
Name of fund
European Regional Development Fund
Amount of Aid